Tuesday 30 December 2008

Boneca is 1 year old!!!


Wow, how time flies...

I simply cannot believe that Sequoia is now 1 year old. She will be at the stroke of 12.12am, barely a few hours from now.

I am thankful for having some time now to write and post this blog... what a year it has been....

Over the past few weeks, Sequoia has learned so many things. She can climb up AND down the stairs, much to my horror! She also dances on cue to the word, "Dancing Queen." Mom started this about 3 weeks ago when she was singing to Sequoia one day and the little princessa started to shake her butt. The rest is now history!

Sequoia actually imitates what people does and say, especially in dance steps. About 2 weeks ago, my Bay Kim Poh was dancing with Sequoia and had her hands on her hips, shaking her butt. Then, all of a sudden, Sequoia also started to dance with her hands on her hips and doing a dance improvisation of have her palms turned upward or with all fingertips together like in a Malay dance. Oh, she is adorable...

She also started to imitate the folding of arms from Bay Kim Poh. Gosh, I simply could not believe what I saw, AND managed to video. She never ceases to amaze me.

On Saturday, Dec. 27, I threw a small party at Mom's house for Sequoia to celebrate her birth. I hope she had a good time. It was so good to see her staring at the other kids that were there: Megan, Elizabeth, Isaac, Isabelle, Daryl, Ryan, Jean, Lauren, Evan, Renee, Ryan. It was hysterical to see her try to imitate Isabelle, aka Mirabelle the Magical Princess, when she danced. There was an episode when Isabelle was throwing her right arm up in the air and smacked it on squarely on the floor, then up in the air again and onto the floor once again... and then I noticed that Sequoia was gazing intently at her and then tried to physically imitate Isabelle. Such a Kodak moment indeed. I think I missed catching it on video. It happened too quickly :-)

Sequoia has also learned the word, "Nao," which is "no" in English. Man, she really hates it. The other day, she screamed loudly and bawled her eyes out when I said "no" to her. I was seated on the mattress on the floor in my room and she was standing by the bed, trying to climb onto it. It was dangerous and naturally I said, "no." But no... she wouldn't have it. She was upset that I said, "no" and proceeded to use the highest decibel available in her voice box and cry. Man, she is such a tricky, cheeky girl...

Sequoia is such a cutie... she is always all smiles once she wakes up, never one cry, not one whine...

No comments: