Saturday 1 March 2008

Sequoia grows from 9% to 50% on the baby growth chart! March 1, 2008

My little Princessa may still have a tiny, beautiful face, but she has successfully climbed the charts! What charts? The baby growth charts, of course!

Through the pregnancy, she was always between 10-25% of the median. I was so scared that she would not develop properly or normally. And when she was born, she was a whopping 9% on the baby weight charts! But she looked normal and scored a 9/10 on the Apgar score, which meant that all her reflexes were spot on and that, technically, and medically, she was in the pink of health!

Yesterday, the health visitor (aka midwife here in the UK) weighed her and proudly pronounced to me that Sequoia is now at the 50% of the baby growth charts! "She has put on weight!" she declared. I was never happily to hear the "put on weight" words. I never liked those words to begin with, being weight sensitive all my life... but hearing this about Sequoia was magic to my ears...

Most of Sequoia's socks are already too small for her! The heel of the sock can be found somewhere around the middle of her sole :-) I looked at my 8 week and 4 day old Sequoia sadly and said to her, "don't grow up too fast... Mommy misses my little new born baby already..."

No comments: