Saturday 1 March 2008

Cat meows and tiger scratches! March 1, 2008

My little Sequoia loves to scratch herself!

She starts from behind the ear and brings her tiny hand and slender fingers right across her face, leaving a trail of scratch lines hopefully too shallow to cause any permanent facial or beauty damage :-)

She starts this process each time she is about to poo. It takes about 10 minutes! After scratching her face, she then starts to make these cat meowing noises and doing the Sat night fever dance. She puts her left hand up by the left side of her face and says....... "meeeeooooowwww or aaaaaeeerrrrrhhh." The right hand is happily bent by the right side of her waist. She then proceeds to do the same actions with the other side! She then starts to produce a series of LOUD farts riples and says, "aaaiiirrr" or "aaaahhhh" each time they escape her little butt (not so little now that she is officially 5.12kg yesterday!)

Sequoia then produces the most delightful sounds... the sound of diarrhoea- like pass-outs being excreted from her nether zones :-) It is hilarious...I have now done a graph analysis of it in order to understand her poo patterns and thus my nappy change requirements. I notice she almost always farts out her poo in a series of 2-3 spurts. Nothing more, nothing less! Once that is done, you know you can change her. There will be no more poo for at least another 3 hours!

Sometimes, little Sequoia smiles after she does this act. Sometimes she baby talks to me and tells me to hurry up and rub her tummy with Chinese medicated oil, give her colic drops and boiled water, or just "move it, mom, AND please carry and cuddle me NOW!" Oddly, at other times, she just smiles at me and goes right back to dreamland! What an interesting character this little girl is :-)

Mostly, she makes a sound that sounds like "heerrrr... aaiiirrr" and shows me her milk-thrush infected tongue, signaling to me that she wants to eat! Just after she just pooed, too. How odd :-) Shouldn't she be saying, "Mom, I want to be changed!" Instead, through her series of different sounds, she happily says, "Mom, the liquid balance inside my body is now disturbed, I need a milk top-up, please...!"

I gotta go now...she has aptly make the above described noises...time for the milk producing machine to clock in...check back for more news later!

No comments: